Feb 22, 2013

Wetsuit Guts

Wetsuit guts.  The rarely seen, under-appreciated soul of a wetsuit.  When I first bought my Flash Bomb, I was surprised when I parted the head flap and saw pale red fur.  Obviously I hadn't done my research, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a warm, incredibly comfortable and quick-drying material inside the suit.  This got me thinking: what about the inside of other wetsuits?  I'd never know what's out there unless I explored.  Here's what I found...

Patagonia seems to be leading a new charge for Merino Wool lining.  This is real sheep's wool that adds warmth while maintaining maximum flexibility.

Patagonia Merino Wool Wetsuit
Photo credit: fcdsurfboards.com

Patagonia Merino Wool Wetsuit

Patagonia Merino Wool Wetsuit
Patagonia Merino Wool Wetsuit
Then we have the Rip Curl F-Bomb Flash lining that I referenced earlier.  This suit is WARM and incredibly comfortable.

Rip Curl Flashbomb Lining
Rip Curl Flashbomb Lining
Rip Curl Flashbomb Lining
In the same vein is the C-Skins Polypro lining...

C-Skins Polypro Lining
C-Skins Polypro Lining
And of course, we have the colorful linings.  These are fun to show off as you're taking off your suit.  Here's the double-lined Mystic Cure 5/3...
Mystic Cure Double Lining
Mystic Cure Double Lining
###

No comments:

Post a Comment