Dec 5, 2012

Butter is Good for You? [infographic]

I love butter. Its delicious, but I didn’t know there were so many different types. I used to think only salted and unsalted butter existed and I still never knew the difference. (Okay.. I guess one has salt..) Now it seems butter has taken the advice from beef and started going grass-fed.


Ready for me to blow your mind? Grass-fed butter has Omega-3s, CLAs, antioxidants and its even chocked full of vitamins. Another stat that I can barely conceive is the relation of butter consumption from 1910 to 2000. Butter consumption back in the day was 18 pounds per capita (holy crap) compared to only 4 pounds per capita now. The unbelievable part of this is that heart disease was less than 10% of the population in 1910. Now almost half of the population dies due to heart problems.


Why has butter consumption dropped but heart health declined? Maybe there isn’t a correlation between the two. Did you know saturated fat has never actually been linked to heart disease? I didn’t. It seems like trans fat is the heart killer in this situation and that saturated fat I was talking about? Its actually good for you.


Butyrate is a short-chain saturated fat found in butter. It it has also been proven to help lab rats with a plethora of health problems and can help to reduce swelling in humans. Butter has and always will be apart of our life. Don’t be afraid of it. If you want to be more healthy maybe just stop going to drive-throughs. [Via]


Butter Infographic





© timwillingham for Daily Infographic, 2012. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us

Post tags: buddah, butter, cooking, frying, grass-fed butter, grilling, oil, oven, pan, salted, stove, un-salted







Source: Daily Infographic

No comments:

Post a Comment